XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

05-12-2023, 11:50 AM   #2223
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Yeah, I know how some people don’t like an equal playing field when it comes to speech. I imagine some hate him pretty good. One-sided control at Twitter is over. Same thing needs to happen with YouTube, Instagram, and every other one-sided speech controlled social media outlet.
I'd hold this thought for a bit. New CEO is a WEF soldier and former honch at Nothing But Crap Universal. Yikes.
      05-12-2023, 11:52 AM   #2224
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I'd hold this thought for a bit. New CEO is a WEF soldier and former honch at Nothing But Crap Universal. Yikes.
I promise I don’t know what you mean. Perhaps try again?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 12:13 PM   #2225
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

'Prior to being tapped as the upcoming Twitter CEO, Yaccarino was the Chairman of Global Advertising and Partnerships at NBCUniversal. She has previously served as NBCUniversal’s Chairman of Advertising & Client Partnership and President of Cable Entertainment & Digital Advertising Sales during her almost 12-year tenure with the company. She also has several ties to the World Economic Forum (WEF), a global group that consistently advocates for the censorship of “misinformation” and supports mass data collection.'

99% positive she's a chair holder at The WEF.
Plenty of clips of her talking crazy.
Klaus...eww.
      05-12-2023, 12:30 PM   #2226
RichF90M5C
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Perhaps, if you had read a few postings before mine, sarcasm wouldn’t have been the first thing to pop in your mind as a rebuttal. It’s not your strong suit by the way. Hopefully you have other social attributes.
Brilliant retort!
Appreciate 1
Patton2502959.00
      05-12-2023, 12:32 PM   #2227
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
::ghostbusters theme::

Doe!!!! Rayyyyyyy!!!! ELONNNNNN!!!!

Lmaooooo I love elon
      05-12-2023, 01:32 PM   #2228
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
'Prior to being tapped as the upcoming Twitter CEO, Yaccarino was the Chairman of Global Advertising and Partnerships at NBCUniversal. She has previously served as NBCUniversal’s Chairman of Advertising & Client Partnership and President of Cable Entertainment & Digital Advertising Sales during her almost 12-year tenure with the company. She also has several ties to the World Economic Forum (WEF), a global group that consistently advocates for the censorship of “misinformation” and supports mass data collection.'

99% positive she's a chair holder at The WEF.
Plenty of clips of her talking crazy.
Klaus...eww.
I think I understand you now. Are you saying you’re concerned this person will bring Twitter back to the old ways where only one type of thought is allowed?
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh18707.50
      05-12-2023, 02:14 PM   #2229
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

^
I don't know what to think. He's a calculated guy so I need to give her time. I would hope their powwow included FREE SPEECH before hiring.

Then there are her publicly made positions. If they come out regarding influence to Twitter...ugh. Really awakened mindset. Ugh dos.

The whole depopulate, WEF, thing is 180° from Musks philosophy.

Very strange match, but we'll see.
      05-12-2023, 02:17 PM   #2230
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
^
I don't know what to think. He's a calculated guy so I need to give her time. I would hope their powwow included FREE SPEECH before hiring.

Then there are her publicly made positions. If they come out regarding influence to Twitter...ugh. Really awakened mindset. Ugh dos.

The whole depopulate, WEF, thing is 180° from Musks philosophy.

Very strange match, but we'll see.
I’ve been watching the man in many different interviews over the past couple months and I just don’t see him letting Twitter go back to the one-sided cesspool it was before. I mean I don’t really go there anyway but I listen to people that talk about what’s happening over there. It’s been moving in an extremely positive direction since he took over.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh18707.50
      05-12-2023, 06:43 PM   #2231
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
We? You got a mouse in your pocket?
Lmaooooooooooooooo
      05-13-2023, 07:29 AM   #2232
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
I have been watching the man in many different interviews over the past couple months and I just don’t see him letting Twitter go back to the one-sided cesspool it was before. I mean I don’t really go there anyway but I listen to people that talk about what’s happening over there. It’s been moving in an extremely positive direction since he took over.
I find it quite disheartening when an immigrant from South Africa recognizes the significance of an AMERICAN company, which provides a worldwide PUBLIC platform for discussion on topics of the day, bans an American President from using the platform to promote direct communication with the citizens of the US. That immigrant from South Africa finds it so repulsive he buys said AMERICAN company so it will include speech from all users of the platform. Why anyone would find that problematic is not comprehensible.

It would be interesting to see the reactions back in the day, say in 1965, if Frederick Kappel created a device that monitored telephone calls and disconnected a call just because he found the topic of discussion offensive and not to his liking, and would not let those two telephones connect ever again.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 05-13-2023 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 2
Patton2502959.00
      05-13-2023, 07:56 AM   #2233
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I find it quite disheartening when an immigrant from South Africa recognizes the significance of an AMERICAN company, which provides a worldwide PUBLIC platform for discussion on topics of the day, bans an American President from using the platform to promote direct communication with the citizens of the US. That immigrant from South Africa finds it so repulsive he buys said AMERICAN company so it will include speech from all users of the platform. Why anyone would find that problematic is not comprehensible.

It would be interesting to see the reactions back in the day, say in 1965, if Frederick Kapple created a device that monitored telephone calls and disconnected a call just because he found the topic of discussion offensive and not to his liking, and would not let those two telephones connect ever again.
What an excellent example and comparison. However, I can tell you with extreme confidence that a good 30% of our population, all coming from one type of thought of course, would be perfectly fine with speech they don’t like being cut off from phone conversations as well as prevented from using that platform ever again in the future.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2023, 08:03 AM   #2234
Murf the Surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
What an excellent example and comparison. However, I can tell you with extreme confidence that a good 30% of our population, all coming from one type of thought of course, would be perfectly fine with speech they don’t like being cut off from phone conversations as well as prevented from using that platform ever again in the future.

As long as the speech being censored wasn't theirs.

Careful now this is getting political and we all know what happens then.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 08:06 AM   #2235
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post

Nothing political here. As far as I was concerned, we were all admiring Elon Musk, including the threads troll.

Are you telling me that our speech might get banned for discussing the negatives of banning speech?
Appreciate 3
Efthreeoh18707.50
M5Rick66604.00
      05-13-2023, 08:08 AM   #2236
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post

Yeah, ironically, I am concerned I'm going to get booted just for what I wrote. LOL.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 2
Patton2502959.00
      05-13-2023, 08:10 AM   #2237
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nothing political here. As far as I was concerned, we were all admiring Elon Musk, including the threads troll.

Are you telling me that our speech might get banned for discussing the negatives of banning speech?
EV's are political. No way around it.
Appreciate 5
kyriian938.50
Patton2502959.00
Cos270608.50
M5Rick66604.00
      05-13-2023, 08:25 AM   #2238
Murf the Surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
I'm on a forum for retired police officers, the guy running the forum often cautions about making political statements. I've pointed out numerous times that just about everything is political now a days. Interesting time to be alive.
Appreciate 2
Patton2502959.00
Efthreeoh18707.50
      05-13-2023, 08:43 AM   #2239
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ironic. Of course you’re correct. There would be no such thing as electric vehicles if it wasn’t for politics. Maybe we should stop posting here? At the end of the day getting helpful information and passing on what I know about M5’s is the main reason I’m here. But then again, we aren’t talking about political parties or politicians and haven’t this entire thread that I’ve seen. Also, everyone’s been quite reasonable and civil, including, for the most part, the threads token troll.

Have any of you seen any rules violations? If you have let me know if I’m doing it and I’ll stop. I don’t think I have. I certainly haven’t done it on purpose.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh18707.50
      05-13-2023, 11:03 AM   #2240
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ironic. Of course you’re correct. There would be no such thing as electric vehicles if it wasn’t for politics. Maybe we should stop posting here? At the end of the day getting helpful information and passing on what I know about M5’s is the main reason I’m here. But then again, we aren’t talking about political parties or politicians and haven’t this entire thread that I’ve seen. Also, everyone’s been quite reasonable and civil, including, for the most part, the threads token troll.

Have any of you seen any rules violations? If you have let me know if I’m doing it and I’ll stop. I don’t think I have. I certainly haven’t done it on purpose.
I'm sticking right here. No new cards
Appreciate 2
Patton2502959.00
M5Rick66604.00
      05-13-2023, 11:23 AM   #2241
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
It's only politi cal because the gubments are subsidising EV makers and forcefully pushing agenda's through without a democratic referendum.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh18707.50
      05-13-2023, 11:53 AM   #2242
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
No. You all choose to talk about the political aspect of EV's but you could just talk about the cars if you wanted to. You don't though, ya'll like the politics. I will admit without the politics this thread probably wouldn't be 100 pages long.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 11:55 AM   #2243
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Man our future is bright with ev!
      05-13-2023, 10:21 PM   #2244
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
No. You all choose to talk about the political aspect of EV's but you could just talk about the cars if you wanted to. You don't though, ya'll like the politics. I will admit without the politics this thread probably wouldn't be 100 pages long.
Patton250 and M5Rick both stated it well, without the government forcing component, there would be no market for EV. If the EV market grew organically as a new fuel source say because of hydrocarbon depletion, then the discussion would be focused more on the cars, but that is not the case. And the concerns regarding EV range, recharge rates, convenience, total environmental impact and cost are legitimate issues, all which do not match any ICE equivalent.

This Forum is full of discussion regarding ICE vehicles and members posting their opinions on what vehicle is best. And the design of ICE vehicles is as much dictated by government standards for emissions, fuel consumption, and safety, all of which I have personally discussed over my tenure on E90 Post.

My other argument against ICE banning mandates are they limit advancement in development and adoption of other fuel efficient technologies, such has pure series hybrids, which I post about all the time on car forums. My background in engineering and science tells me BEV are limited by physics and chemistry to reach equivalency to ICE at the same price point. Essentially mandating BEV severely limits other technologies that maybe and are (IMO) better solutions. Series hybrid EV and parallel hybrids EV are very good solutions as alternates to BEV.

Why should none of those such discussions be had on an automotive internet forum? Why should such discussions not be had, which may get others to think more about the leadership they choose through the electoral process. As long as the discussions remain civil, I see no issue with it and rather encourage it.
Appreciate 3
kyriian938.50
M5Rick66604.00