XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

01-23-2023, 04:33 PM   #199
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schn3ll View Post
100%, plug in hybrids where charging is optional are the best solution right now. And most companies felt the need to skip that step. My wife's Panamera ehybrid does 40+mpg and she has a 50 mile round trip commute everyday. That's with a 450+hp all wheel drive car that weighs 4,600lbs. That's the answer, not full EV.

I don't think I'll go back, the tech is evolving so rapidly it's like catching a falling knife. It will inevitably go to the rental formula and there are people who are going to trade one in every year like the latest iphone and wonder why they stay poor...
You just solved your own assumption IMHO.

Most companies did skip hybrid because they believe the window is too short to implement the technology and spend the money on such. When they can go right to EV.

I do agree hybrid is a great alternative to those who can't seem to let go ICE. Tons of crazy hybrid setups out there, although not many come to mind when you talk about something attainable to the average buyer.

GM took their stingray, added electric motors to the front wheels and now that ERAY will be a faster street car over the z06.

Again no one is telling everyone EV is better however there is time to eventually get into it. This is not happening tomorrow but it will happen soon when you go to your car makers website and start shopping for cars and you're like wait a minute, there's nothing left TO BUY but EV's.

As of right now, it's not for everyone however there are A LOT of people who have made this work.

But again, there is some time left to adapt.
      01-23-2023, 05:50 PM   #200
Socal_R8
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I just read where ~20% of EV buyers in California go back to ICE. Charging hassles is the overwhelming reason. It goes back to the lack of infrastructure.
I don't know why you would even buy an EV without home charging access

Even in California where super chargers are everywhere

I'm guessing most, if not all of those buyers didn't have access to home charging
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2023, 05:03 AM   #201
Schn3ll
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 Carrera T

Garage List
2009 135  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post

I'm guessing most, if not all of those buyers didn't have access to home charging
Some people drink the kool-aid and get caught up in the hype (see poster above).

http://youtu.be/ecnS1Ygf0o0
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17486.00
      01-24-2023, 06:37 AM   #202
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

There are even people who live in complexes that bought teslas that made it their weekend routine to charge their car at a nearby supercharger. People can make it work if they believe in this technology.

I, for one, will never go back to an ice daily. Daily driving an ev has been incredible the past 10 months or so.
      01-24-2023, 07:53 AM   #203
Schn3ll
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 135  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
I, for one, will never go back to an ice daily.
We know
Appreciate 7
chad86tsi1605.00
Cos270608.50
Patton2502939.50
Slowlives307.00
Efthreeoh17486.00
TargaM22498.00
      01-24-2023, 09:21 AM   #204
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Cool beans
      01-24-2023, 09:45 AM   #205
Tejas1836
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75

Quote:
There are even people who live in complexes that bought teslas that made it their weekend routine to charge their car at a nearby supercharger. People can make it work if they believe in this technology.

I, for one, will never go back to an ice daily. Daily driving an ev has been incredible the past 10 months or so.
Well, your avatar suggests you are negating any benefits of an EV...
Efthreeoh17486.00
      01-24-2023, 12:08 PM   #206
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:

I can't imagine a person more out of touch to talk about why people should choose an EV than someone who has multiple C8 corvettes on order with a C7 and an M3 already in the garage.

I know, we're on a BMW forum, but lets look outside ourselves a bit here. This great transition is just going to crush people on the lower end of the economic spectrum. What most of us are saying is let there be a choice and allow technology to lead the way. Don't force manipulative legislation from regulating bodies who have no idea what the average joe will have to do to make their grand aspirations of carbon neutrality a reality.
Appreciate 5
      01-24-2023, 12:13 PM   #207
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
I can't imagine a person more out of touch to talk about why people should choose an EV than someone who has multiple C8 corvettes on order with a C7 and an M3 already in the garage.

I know, we're on a BMW forum, but lets look outside ourselves a bit here. This great transition is just going to crush people on the lower end of the economic spectrum. What most of us are saying is let there be a choice and allow technology to lead the way. Don't force manipulative legislation from regulating bodies who have no idea what the average joe will have to do to make their grand aspirations of carbon neutrality a reality.
He's also waiting for his plaid to come in, so he's doing his part

Though I don't know why he's been waiting for so many months, they have been in excess inventory for months in every market I've looked at, and wait times have been days or a few weeks since late last year. It must be some special edition he's getting.
Appreciate 4
x622987.50
Patton2502939.50
Efthreeoh17486.00
      01-24-2023, 01:29 PM   #208
Schn3ll
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2009 135  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
He's also waiting for his plaid to come in, so he's doing his part

Though I don't know why he's been waiting for so many months, they have been in excess inventory for months in every market I've looked at, and wait times have been days or a few weeks since late last year. It must be some special edition he's getting.
Right? I can go buy one of 2 new plaids today sitting on a lot an hour away from me. There are like 2 different options from the factory that you can't get after purchase. Exterior and interior color.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17486.00
      01-24-2023, 03:42 PM   #209
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas1836 View Post
Well, your avatar suggests you are negating any benefits of an EV...
I love both ev and ice.

Ice on the way out and I’m prepared for the future. The ev world.

Not hard to understand really.

Time will show you guys
      01-24-2023, 03:43 PM   #210
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schn3ll View Post
Right? I can go buy one of 2 new plaids today sitting on a lot an hour away from me. There are like 2 different options from the factory that you can't get after purchase. Exterior and interior color.
Can you? I asked my dealer and they said estimated delivery June 2023. Maybe I should get mine from another state?

Either way the car will destroy everything so I have time. Even if I get this in summer it’ll still destroy everything.

I have patience.
      01-24-2023, 03:54 PM   #211
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
I love both ev and ice.

Ice on the way out and I’m prepared for the future. The ev world.

Not hard to understand really.

Time will show you guys
I don’t care if you’re 1 years old you will never see in your lifetime internal combustion engines go away. It’s not going to happen. You can mouth off all you want here with the massive redwood tree you have on your shoulder, but it doesn’t change the fact that there’s hundreds of millions of cars out there, that are all ice. Probably over 1 billion. They will not stop making them for decades if they ever do. Not to mention, what are you going to do with all the classics? Send the FBI in there to take them away from these people? There is enough oil for hundreds and hundreds of years of ice vehicles. Why you have this attitude on here is beyond me. I’m thinking you might’ve been picked on a lot when you were a kid and now you’ve grown up and have some money and you’re trying to get back at everyone and the Internet is the perfect outlet? You’re prepared for the future you say? Well, I hope you’re going to turn your body into a machine because you’re going to have to live hundreds of years to see ice vehicles go away.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17486.00
Soul_Glo13398.00
      01-24-2023, 04:08 PM   #212
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I don’t care if you’re 1 years old you will never see in your lifetime internal combustion engines go away. It’s not going to happen. You can mouth off all you want here with the massive redwood tree you have on your shoulder, but it doesn’t change the fact that there’s hundreds of millions of cars out there, that are all ice. Probably over 1 billion. They will not stop making them for decades if they ever do. Not to mention, what are you going to do with all the classics? Send the FBI in there to take them away from these people? There is enough oil for hundreds and hundreds of years of ice vehicles. Why you have this attitude on here is beyond me. I’m thinking you might’ve been picked on a lot when you were a kid and now you’ve grown up and have some money and you’re trying to get back at everyone and the Internet is the perfect outlet? You’re prepared for the future you say? Well, I hope you’re going to turn your body into a machine because you’re going to have to live hundreds of years to see ice vehicles go away.
GM working on next gen V8.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...v-8-production

2029 C9 Corvette to get internal combustion engine.

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/01/24/...ette-timeline/
Appreciate 2
Patton2502939.50
Efthreeoh17486.00
      01-24-2023, 04:11 PM   #213
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Can you? I asked my dealer and they said estimated delivery June 2023. Maybe I should get mine from another state?

Either way the car will destroy everything so I have time. Even if I get this in summer it’ll still destroy everything.

I have patience.
What is your zip code?

There are 12 within 200 miles of the geographic center of New Jersey (zip 07999).

https://www.tesla.com/inventory/new/...7999&range=200
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17486.00
      01-24-2023, 04:16 PM   #214
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
GM working on next gen V8.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...v-8-production

2029 C9 Corvette to get internal combustion engine.

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/01/24/...ette-timeline/
Not to mention after about 5 to 8 years of this mandate madness, we will come to our senses. EV is a good thing and I’m glad it’s here. It definitely can fit into the way people travel but it’s not the end all regardless, if government tries to force it to be. What consumers want and capitalism will always win in the end. However, in this case as so many people have mentioned, you’re just not going to be able to set up enough charging stations around the country and have them charge cars fast enough to where it will be practical for everyone to own one.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17486.00
      01-24-2023, 04:51 PM   #215
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
What is your zip code?

There are 12 within 200 miles of the geographic center of New Jersey (zip 07999).

https://www.tesla.com/inventory/new/...7999&range=200

Like other car makers, don't they still show cars that are pending sale or sold on the website?

Either way i can wait. I rather get my z06 first before the plaid anyway since i already have my model 3.
      01-24-2023, 04:55 PM   #216
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post

Stop getting emotional lol.

And actually didn't you get banned recently because you actually got mad that YOU WERE being bullied on this site? I think i remember vaguely. I think you even tried to apologize to another member for "crossing the line" or something. I definitely gotta find that thread.

You don't have to buy an EV. No one would give a shit. I wouldn't. People are buying them now and i still don't give a shit.

I just know that when it's all said and done, when you guys are constantly bringing up politics and how this won't work, it's dumb, idiotic and all that bullshit, the only person that will smile is me when the transition happens.

I know i'm all for it. It's just sad to witness those that think it won't happen, in the time frame of when "the government" said it will happen.
      01-24-2023, 05:00 PM   #217
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Stop getting emotional lol.

And actually didn't you get banned recently because you actually got mad that YOU WERE being bullied on this site? I think i remember vaguely. I think you even tried to apologize to another member for "crossing the line" or something. I definitely gotta find that thread.

You don't have to buy an EV. No one would give a shit. I wouldn't. People are buying them now and i still don't give a shit.

I just know that when it's all said and done, when you guys are constantly bringing up politics and how this won't work, it's dumb, idiotic and all that bullshit, the only person that will smile is me when the transition happens.

I know i'm all for it. It's just sad to witness those that think it won't happen, in the time frame of when "the government" said it will happen.
Stop trying to set us up. I’m just going to block you. I’m onto you now.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 05:30 PM   #218
Socal_R8
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Like other car makers, don't they still show cars that are pending sale or sold on the website?

Either way i can wait. I rather get my z06 first before the plaid anyway since i already have my model 3.

No, the ones they have in inventory are ready for delivery.

My friend ordered a custom order Model 3 Performance after the price drop a couple weeks ago and just picked it up last night...he was shocked by how fast it took.

He never even drove one before ordering it and is blown away by the car already
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 06:30 PM   #219
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:

All I know is I'd be pissed if I were a tesla customer having to wait in line when they are selling new stock under list price that you can drive home today in, and seemingly no one bothers to tell you. Now you have been told.

I looked at a model S performance in December 2019, and I was discussing inventory with an online sales rep. He found one that wasn't even on the website in Seattle that I could have in the spec I wanted, and he could have it transferred to Portland for free. I told him I needed to drive one first. A week later I drove one and while it was fast in a straight line, it was : meh compared to what I already had and what I wanted in the other categories I was using to decide. I saw that same vin that he dug out of his hidden screens show up on the main web page a week after I spoke to him, and it sold a week after that. My experience tells me the online inventory is what is available, plus there is more behind the scenes that they can find and sell (stuff in the queue). Existing inventory often sells for less than list.
Appreciate 2
      01-24-2023, 07:16 PM   #220
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No, the ones they have in inventory are ready for delivery.

My friend ordered a custom order Model 3 Performance after the price drop a couple weeks ago and just picked it up last night...he was shocked by how fast it took.

He never even drove one before ordering it and is blown away by the car already
That just goes to show a tesla dealership isn't really a dealership LOL.

They should just stick to online shopping. That's how i got my model 3. I literally didn't have to speak to anyone and when i picked up the car, it was contactless delivery and it was outside waiting for me. Just had to inspect it and sign off on it and off i went.

Again i'm not really in a rush to get the plaid, that's coming. I want my z06 first.

See, i'm not an EV fanboy, i still love my z06 supercar that's coming.

Although my plaid will shit all over my z06 that's for sure