04-26-2020, 03:47 PM   #132
projectbarnie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 x1 X35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralus View Post
@projectbarnie

The front strut has a incline which favors bigger diameter. Fitting 18x9.5J will have few mm less inner clearance. If you go with tyres which do not have rim protection then you should have more clearance.
My 245/35 R19 tyres also had rim protection. Here is a picture for you guys, this was first fitment where I had 9.5J ET35 + 5mm spacer. You can also see the tyre scrub marks on the strut.
Later fitted with 10mm spacer and been running like this over a year. No issues, all good.

18x9.5J et35, just get 10-12mm and you will be fine. You might also pull it off with 5mm spacer if you go with more stretched 235mm and no rim protection tyre.

@ BMWX1-35i, Here is a another picture. If your hesitating, then go for it. Life is too short guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralus View Post
@projectbarnie

The front strut has a incline which favors bigger diameter. Fitting 18x9.5J will have few mm less inner clearance. If you go with tyres which do not have rim protection then you should have more clearance.
My 245/35 R19 tyres also had rim protection. Here is a picture for you guys, this was first fitment where I had 9.5J ET35 + 5mm spacer. You can also see the tyre scrub marks on the strut.
Later fitted with 10mm spacer and been running like this over a year. No issues, all good.

Thank you for the quick response! Is there a brand/vendor that you recommend for spacers?
Appreciate 0