c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
i hear ya, we see these words all too often. I may end up having a ton of regrets, as i've spent most of my twenties working 7 days a week. But the money is a great motivator. I know contrary to what alot of have said in here about working too much, i think it will all come to fruition for me soon enough.
I watched my brother in law skrimp every penny to only end up with liver cancer and die at 60 before he could even reach retirement. We were very close and one of the things he said to me before he passed was that he wished he hadn’t been so tight with money and enjoyed life from the fruits of his labor more often.

You never know when you’re going to go. Not saying don’t save anything, but you should also try to live a little while also saving for a future of not going to work. I work hard so I can enjoy nice things and experiences, but I also try to put something aside. Could I maybe retire five years sooner if I saved harder? Maybe but I do like to be productive and not having to be frugal.

I expect I’ll be driving a econobox when I’m retired but can then justify it because I know the alternative is returning to work at that point, and know I already did a bunch of stuff while I was still really healthy. When you’re 75, you’re not typically going cross country hiking or jet skiing or whatever.
Appreciate 0