View Single Post
      08-10-2020, 08:11 AM   #93
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
My two grown adult children don’t talk to me. No one (well, at least not me) asked them to pick sides and an irreconcilable differences divorce but they did. Apparently I’m the asshole in the situation, and I’m good with it. I did my job and raised my children. A side benefit is that I don’t have one or both of them living in the basement leeching off of me. I love them and would give them the world if I could, but for some people, that’s not enough.
I feel this to my core. When married to the kids mother, I did everything. Cooked, cleaned, laundry, baths, took the boys everywhere (to and from); I handled it all. The divorce came about and suddenly I was the asshole. Not sure where I or it went wrong, but kids only speak to me now, if they need something. My oldest sons 21st birthday is in 2 weeks and I can't even talk him into letting me and my girlfriend take him and his girlfriend out to dinner so he can have his first legal drink. I've seen him twice since Christmas and both times were because he needed something.

Both boys are still living with their mother. I feel like I did my part as a parent. If they're going to live in a parents basement, fine; but they won't live in mine. It's not how I raised them.
Appreciate 1