View Single Post
      07-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #48
Mote
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 - 1991 E30

UPDATE 7/27/09 Exhaust is done and coil over suspension!

Just a quick update for you guys here. Over the weekend I had a chance to visit the car. The exhaust is now fully completed! Full custom setup (obviously) from the headers to a straight pipe back! This sucker flows! The midpipe section is setup so that I can remove the race cat which is currently on the car for smog purposes and replace it with a full catless setup at any time. The muffler is a Spintech muffler and powder coated black with black tips.

Here is the sound!
[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMhN9rPbKgc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMhN9rPbKgc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

Can't wait to hear this exhaust at wide open throttle! Sound is said to be similar to Eisenmann.

Also, the old suspension setup (if you even want to call it that) was removed and redone! The old Tokico shocks were fully blown and the OEM springs were cut/hacked up and warped. Here are the old springs. Prepare to hold down your lunch..

So I've replaced the shocks with a used set of Bilstein Sports that I picked up for a great price.

These shocks paired to a set of stiffer RMS springs and a custom coil over setup and now we're talking about some seriously good handling. Also, I felt it would be great to have some OEM sways on the car..so I've ordered a pair of OEM E36 M3 sway bar links and will be keeping the chassis stiff with an OEM M3 front sway bar!

Anyhow, the car is ready to go pending a smog check which I'm working on now. Will have a full update of my first impressions soon!
Appreciate 0