View Single Post
      09-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #57
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Thanks for keeping the spirit of this thread alive, I love seeing more lifted X1's!

The 225/55/17 looks really good gpelpel!

Another Gorman trip in the books, this time a solo mission with the GF. Headed up Friday night, got there around 11PM and set up camp, got the fire burning and beers flowing. Pretty much all other camps were up doing the same, always fun to hear good times all around!

We got an early start the following morning and ended up hitting some of the more difficult trails by end of day. The rating system goes as such:
Green Circle = Easy
Blue Square = Intermediate
Black Diamond = Difficult
Each trail is rated for trucks, bikes, and quads separately as different terrain presents different issues for these vehicles. As you can imagine, my main fear is ground clearance and this really turned me off from tackling more difficult trails int he past. I decided to go for it this time around and luckily was able to avoid needing to turn around. We also adventured out of the main park up a nearby mountain but that just ended up being 2hrs of rutted out dirt road, nothing too great. Overall, I can definitely say this was the most I've pushed the X1 and it handled everything well with some very careful driving. Now, for pics:

Pointless campfire pic.

Following day, coming down East Freeman Trail. Much steeper than this pic makes you think!

East Freeman ends in a sandy wash/riverbed area. Always fun putting the xDrive system to work and getting loosey goosey in the sand.

After heading down East Freeman, we came across Quail Pass Trail. Officially the first black diamond I've hit in the X1. Took some pics of the X1 while on a higher point. You can really see what typical Southern California off road terrain looks like.

Also hit Pronghorn Trail which is notoriously difficult (search "Pronghorn Gorman" on youtube if curious - you'll find quite a few Jeep videos ). Don't have any pics from this one but yes, our X1 can tackle it!

Of course, did various hill climbs throughout the day. Some of the rutted smaller ones were difficult but the most nerve racking to first attempt was the Middle Wall climb and decent. Mind you, there are camps at the base -
seeing the little X1 up there drew some attention but again it handled the climb and descent no problem. This picture does NOT do the size of this wall justice!

Lastly, a shot of camp after everything was packed away.

Until next time!

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 1
toejam0.00