View Single Post
      02-02-2020, 11:15 PM   #42
jhirsch123
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhirsch123 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have heard that some of the flash tunes address this.

I have a Sprint Booster but may return it if that is the case. It appears now that MHD has a flash tune available (not necessary to pull the ECU to send it and get it locked), but from what I've read there are still bugs.

I also ordered the Dinan (which is supposed to address throttle response also), but did so before realizing that MHD now has an easy way to flash. I'm seriously considering returning the Dinan for the fact that they don't really seem to have their act together - I will spare the drama on that.

I presume you had to get your ECU unlocked for the MHD tune?

Regarding MHD, it appears there are still some bugs in our stage one map for the N55 though, so I really don't know what to do, other than keep on reading and learning. Will report back.

Best,
OK, so I installed the Sprint Booster today and all I can say is OH. MY. DEAR. LORD. I'm annoyed I didn't do this the day I got the car.

There is no question this, or another pedal tuner of some sort (BMS Pedal Tuner, Remus Responder, etc) is the way to go here. And even though I plan on a tune at some point (which I understand does address this problem to some degree), I'm still convinced I'm going to want the added level of customization of the throttle response. And frankly, now that I can unleash the full potential of the stock engine, maybe I actually don't need a tune.

It's really too bad because it shouldn't have come with this much lag stock. As annoying as it is to have to spend extra money, at least I won't be scared when I have to cross traffic.

From my research, I could have saved $100 by going with another vendor (and suppose I could return it to opt for another), but I like that I can remove the selector cable once I get it dialed in, and that it's small should I choose to leave it.

From my research, they were the first to market here, and there are plenty of knockoffs out there, though most probably do the same thing.

It may take a little while to figure out my preferred setting and "relearn" how to use a more sensitive throttle, but it's great. I can take off in 2nd gear now, no problem and almost prefer it.

I will make this last point: There are a lot of people out there (who seems have NOT tried it), claiming it must be just a simple throttle re-map. That you could have a "free" sprint booster just by mashing the pedal down. Not the case. It does clearly make the pedal more sensitive in terms of the position of the throttle, but most importantly, it speeds up the opening of that throttle from gradual, to varying degrees of quickness, depending on how you set it. This quick video describes what I'm talking about clearly and quickly:
Appreciate 0