View Single Post
      05-18-2018, 02:07 PM   #48
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Great points! This is exactly why I've banned myself from the Politics/Religion sub-forum here. It brings out the absolute worst in people, myself included. It's not an overstatement to say that I feel noticeably happier and friendlier towards others and about life in general since abandoning that sub-forum. I have no Facebook, no Twitter, no Instagram. it's glorious. I may be out of touch with the news, fads, and stupid videos but I'm sure a heck of a lot happier for it.

You're totally right that deep down, most folks are decent people, especially in person. I've encountered forum members here who are pleasant, fun people to engage with but then begin hurling insults and foaming at the mouth in the Politics sub-forum. Crazy how fast emotions ratchet up in that environment. Fuses are short and everyone is on guard with their fists up.
Hey - I resent that - I've never gone in that subforum with my fists up or foaming at the mouth! Mostly, I rely on Scottish martial arts - which consists of a well placed headbutt, and then kick the person while he's down.
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11446.00
King Rudi13152.00