12-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #212
evmadic
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sdn, 6-spd manual AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
I'm a huge "jerk" I suppose. I expect people who are in crosswalks to MOVE THEIR ASSES when there are cars coming. Remember playing in the street when you were a kid? You'd see a car and yell CAR! RUN! That sense of urgency is rarely seen among adult pedestrians, so I think they could use some 'excitement' in their lives to remind them the car is bigger/heavier (at least in some cases) than they are.

Cheating at 4-way stops? Yeah, because I don't want to get stuck behind some beater blasting thick, black smog into my grille (this is FL, no emissions) while going 30mph in a 45, call me crazy.

I hate that the article lumps BMW drivers in with 'high-status' Prius drivers. Those guys are the worst, I think it has something to do with driving a hybrid car making one enjoy the aroma of their own flatulence... But we can always remind them that Top Gear has taught us that an M3 gets better gas mileage than a Prius anyway

Whoa... maybe the article is right?
I think your criticism missed the initial error which damned the article's credibility:

how the hell does a prius qualify as a "high-status" vehicle? If that's true then so does toyota corlla, honda civic, etc.

Also the study was done in Berkeley, the "I am offended by any and every display of individuality beyond my own" capital of the world
Appreciate 0