03-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #15
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Agreed!

I was really looking forward to this series and it's a letdown. I mena this dude is Iron Fist, champion warrior of Kunlun yet he sucks ass at fighting. Only saving grace is Madame Gao who is just cool. The Colleen girl can't do shit with her practice sword. What's she gonna do when there's 20 men? Throw them all down one by one?

Didn't get why he needed his company back either. Show started off showing him living as a minimalist and saying I don't need the money. Next thing you know he lives in a giant penthouse and drives an Aston...and wtf was up with the "drunken" British fighter. Looks so freaking lame (the stance was just so damn cheesy I couldn't stand it).

What I don't get is why shows like this get such great reviews on Netflix. 5*, really? Netflix needs to hire some good writers and director or just stop making Marvel series in general. Just horrible.

I started watching it because I thought just maybe I would get a story that had elements of Oliver Queen in it but then Danny has a penthouse and drives an Aston 4 ep's later. Not a fan of Colleen either...feels like I'm watching a soap opera when shes around. In the next season or the one after he will probably be a full blown "vigilante".

Maybe if this released before the Arrow I would have a different opinion but Oliver Queen's character is hard to top. What I like about Queen is that despite being good @ fighting/using with a bow he battles a lot of personal/internal problems with his life, not just the riches, but trying to be a decent human being. Being a good brother, son, friend means a lot to Oliver....this Danny guy legit just wants to punch holes through walls and gather Chi every other episode. Not saying that the Arrow is perfect but they did a better job with it.
Appreciate 0