View Single Post
      11-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #28
ketenhelva
Rep
Drives: X1 E84

We bought a CPO 2015 E84 X1 x18d xDrive for my wife, has 25000 miles on it and pretty solid and clean, almost like new, not much used and pretty loaded up. Coded the USB/Bluetooth Audio and the only thing she misses is the automatic boot opener/closer.

With a 143 hp engine, I was pretty sure it wouldn't be as swift as my 2013 F31 184 hp, but thought it would provide sufficient and satisfying power, as I had also tested a 318d and it was pretty fine to drive, but went with the 320d anyway.

I did the TBA given here and it definitely helped for the slow-starts. But not too much. Sometimes I use the car, but after my 320d it feels like a sloth. My F31 in Eco-Pro mode feels more responsive. With the F31 sometimes I give some gas (just do a 0-50 miles) and my little daughter wows, we also feel the power and acceleration, but with the X1, it is a pig, feeling like driving my old Opel Corsa (OK that was a little bit exaggerated).

I know that this forum is mostly US-centric and x18d and x20d are not popular (or not offered?) there, but I would like some insight from you guys before going back to the dealer to complain. (I live in Germany, and around the homebase of BMW, but the language spoken here is not yet my strongest point).
Appreciate 0