1998 BMW M3/4  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [9.28]
1988 BMW M3  [9.40]
1990 BMW M3  [10.00]
2008 BMW 135i - sold  [0.00]
2003 BMW M3 - sold  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Are you just trying to eliminate wheel gap or do you care about handling characteristics? I was under the impression that the H&R springs were designed for the lighter 28i, so not sure how that will impact handling. I could be wrong though, can someone enlighten me? I know KW has a V1 kit that you can get pretty cheap from vendors that is designed for the 35i, but it will be more expensive than the H&R. Probably ride better though.
para....honestly, I want to eliminate the wheel gap. Yes, I care about the handling characteristics but I don't think I care to make a huge change to the feel of the M-sport setup the car already has. I'm not racing this thing. I don't need it to beat me to death on the road. I have had all sorts of coilover setups over the past 10 years and I have found that most coilover setups really ride quite stiff on the street even though they handle great on smooth roads. The only way to ensure good performance from these systems on rough pavement is to pony up the big bucks (like I did with AST's on 3 of my cars). The difference is so noticeable that I'm really afraid of buying an off the shelf coilover kit again. I'm scared the KW's are going to be too rough riding for me on the street. I wish I knew for sure because my preference would be to do the coilovers with camber plates and whatever needed to adjust the rear.

I'm leasing this thing, and I really don't want to over complicate things. I know that the H&Rs will lower it about an inch, ride somewhat stiffer but not much, give up some performance over a coilover setup, but likely more livable for a daily driver on the rough roads here in Oklahoma. I'd love for someone to tell me otherwise
2011 BMW 328i racecar - LeMans Blue/Black
Appreciate 0