12-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #21
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyboy View Post
2014 Xdrive 28i, picked up new on Sept.10th 2013. Now 19,500 miles. Average gas mileage local and highway mixed 17.8mpg. I don't know how some of you could manage 30+mpg.
I posted just above yours. My lifetime MPG as I come on 32K miles is 28mpg. I live in Los Angeles, so that's mostly city driving, but believe it or not, sometimes the freeways are open (!), and I have had a couple highway trips.

Mine is sDrive, and I rarely have a passenger. Recently I had work assignments that required me to carry heavy items, and I noticed a big dip in MPG, obviously, I guess. Also I went too long without checking tire pressure once and after a couple of below average MPG calculations after fill-up, I checked the tires and they were low (just not low enough to set off sensor).

So there could me multiple factors at play. But yeah, even with xDrive, your MPG is pretty disappointing. If you went on a pure highway run (after resetting trip calculator), stayed about 70, and didn't see at least 30mpg just for that run, I'd have the vehicle checked.
Appreciate 0