06-10-2020, 10:28 AM   #43
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
If you’ve got the money, and you’re a jdm fanboi why not. The thing does look immaculate as fuck. The fact that this car has survived this long without getting riced out is more impressive than the price it sold for.
I agree it's up to the person with the money to decide value. No argument. And it probably is rare as hell to be this nice. Until people start restoring them which they will if this is a true indication of the resale value.

But looking at it my way someone shelled out $50K for a car that had an MSRP of about $20K in 2000. It had 160 HP and regardless of fond memory was not an amazing car in any way other than Honda made really reliable cars in that era.

Doing the least amount of effort to find one at my local Porsche dealer I found a 2006 Cabriolet Carrera Convertible 911 with 35K miles on it for $42K. It has over 325 HP and is a true sports car from the get go. And it's MSRP was over $80K.

I get how nostalgia plays a role in life. And I agree with the sentiment that the muscle cars of the 60s and 70s sell for stupid money. Yet, at least they WERE performance vehicle to begin with. Civics? Guess I'm too old to get it.
Appreciate 0