View Single Post
      02-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #14
bimmer_335
Major
Rep
Drives: 540 mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rundmc_92 View Post
Hate to tell you this, but their central customer base is NOT the enthusiast. Sure, they might piss of a few enthusiast, but honestly, I think the thing is pretty dope. The BMW dealership I work for immediately starting receiving requests for pre-orders when this car was still just a bit more than a rumor. It's non-surprisingly popular with BMW's main customer base: people with too much money who see vehicle size (and grill size) as a status symbol. Plus, for a luxo-SUV I'm sure it'll be excellent to drive to and from the grocery store, the mall, or back from dinner.

We're in the thick of the crazed "I must have an SUV" trend in automotive right now. BMW would be stupid not to make this thing. Does it come with a manual? No, nor should it. Will it have a stiffer suspension and hydraulic steering. No, because "gasp", it shouldn't. BMW sells these things to make money and because they'll probably do a real nice job of it. Plus, if it let's them justify the expense of making the M3CS or M2 Competition or dumping money into an AWD M5, I'm all for it. You should be too, because if they don't keep making things like this, then they might stop making M cars all together.

-Hot Take
+1
Its high margin low volume car. I'm sure it will steal some of those navigator/escalade customers which i'm not and have no intention of being one
Appreciate 0