FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
So I took a little break so to speak from the forums, but I'm back. I hope you all enjoyed your reprieve because its over.

So coming out morning after halloween, I find a tree lying across the driveway...thought I was lucky because it looked like it had landed about two feet away from the car, but no, it had hit the car and bounced off.

But looking at it, it was clear that it needed a new trunk, new rear windshield, and the right rear quarter panel needed to be replaced. At least that's what it looked like on surface.

Somehow, the collision centre (which was also on my insurance' approved list) came up with $17K of damage, suggesting the rear seats needed replacement and etc...I had no idea they were damaged. Just goes to show you there can be a lot under the surface I guess.

So as a result, insurance has apparently decided its a total loss and are assigning someone to the file to get me an offer for my car.

I have to say it is bittersweet. While I always enjoy getting a new to me car, this car (I had a Chrysler 300 SRT8) was fantastic. Solid as a rock, engine was a 6.4L Hemi and it moved that thing pretty good, interior was decent but well laid out...it was just a nice car. I had planned on driving it for at least two more years before selling. But no longer.

So while I have no idea what they are going to offer me, I'd expect it should be pretty good - there is only two cars like mine for sale in all of Canada on Auto Trader right now, and its a more rare car since they stopped producing it in the 300 body style. So they've held their value quite well.

But I'm pretty sure my next car is going to be a used 2017 Audi S6. I have my eye on one that is in that beautiful blue colour, I'll try to post some pics if it happens, but it will be a short term 2 year lease takeover and I'm really looking forward to it. The interior in that Audi is stunning. So flame away my BMW friends, flame away!

I've heard with an APR or EPL tune, the S6 is transformed. But I'd worry about the transmission, heard it is a weak point as a DCT, so probably won't tune...especially since leased.
Sorry about the car, but nice pick on the S6. You should buy my Hellcat instead, though.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7929.00