neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5, 335, Ford Lightning, 63 me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardie71 View Post
Thanks neverdone, DUI Elite and LevinBR,

No tint on windscreen, it's raining here and looks like I got shadows from above, sorry about the quality of the photos I plan to take better pics when sun comes back out.

We never liked the look of stock diffuser or the way the muffler looked from the rear so I started by using high temp black VHT rattle spray to conceal the piping etc. and that went pretty well so I purchased a used diffuser insert on ebay along with a couple ABS plastic parts (all attached) then with the orig. factory parts still safe on the car, I went into it more for the fun of it with little risk and only $130.00 invested. I did the layout in blue tape and cut the opening with my jigsaw leaving about a 1/16" all around for fit and fill. the civic grill is semi-recessed and for that I had to trim 1/2" from the crashbar (see pic) The bar steel is super hard so the 1/2"notch I don't think to be of a concern?? this part took 20mins with a grinder. JPweld epoxy and very little bondo was used to secure and smooth the overall pieces put together, then I applied Bulldog plastic adhesion, primer and black semi-gloss paint to match the blackout on the frontend. Past all that it then took me 3 hours to remove the bumper panel entirely to fit the lower section which snapped in nicely as it was a factory piece (maybe this could be done on car, but I pulled it all off not knowing how I was going to trim the crashbar) then put it all back together and finished it with a coat of wax. total was probably 4 hours to build the plastic and another 4 to install.
That is awesome. good work man. so much motivation!
Appreciate 0