View Single Post
      01-05-2020, 04:27 PM   #315
jhirsch123
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 xDrive35i

First, what a wonderful contribution of information and insight regarding the suspension. I'm inclined to say this has turned out to be the definitive Shock/Strut/Suspension thread for my E84 X1. It took a few days to get through LOL, but I'm so impressed with all the contributors who have forged the way here. Thank you all!

I've got a few things I'm trying to address with my xDrive 35i, but after a 30 mile round trip to NYC today, suspension/tires is now top on the list. It is quite a bumpy (and noisy) ride - not something I would expect from a BMW with 40k miles on it. Going from my almost worn out run-flats to non-run-flats should be a big help.

But for the suspension, if comfort is my largest priority (not feeling every little bump in the road), is the consensus that the H&R/Bilstein B6 combo is still my best bet?

It sounds like I can expect that to improve both performance and comfort, and before I go that route, was curious if there aren't even more comfortable setups - assuming I would be willing to sacrifice the corresponding loss in performance (probably not!).

Finally, everyone who has installed the H&R Spring/Bilstein B6 setup gives it an emphatic thumbs up, so it's hard to resist going to a 'known quantity' with all around approval, but again, just want to see if there are other thoughts out there regarding the best possible comfortable ride.

Has anyone installed the KW Street Comfort Kit on the X1? Would this work for the X1 xDrive35i?
https://www.bimmerworld.com/Suspensi...RoCktkQAvD_BwE

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited by jhirsch123; 01-06-2020 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: Added a link to the KW Street Comfort Kit
Appreciate 0