11-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #12
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSteve View Post
Just took a test drive of a 2015 X1. I have a few questins for those that have the X1.........

The headlights are halogen. How well do they light the road? (surprised that a luxury car does not come standard with HIDs!)

What's been your experience with the run flat tires? (I have heard they are easily damaged by pot holes, which we have tons of around here)

Any reports of engine or transmission issues or failures?

How are your X1's holding up in general?

How do they do in the snow and ice???

Thanks in advance!
Headlights: try to get the lighting package. Difference is night and day. Later you might regret not having the package.

Run flats: get rid of them asap. They are prone to puncture. In Canada one RFT tire cost me $530. I have replaced the tire and sold the whole set of wheels, and since then I am running all-weather on M wheels. You loose some stiffness in corners but you gain comfort and less headaches. I will never go for RFT. They say they run few km more to safety. Where I live in Canada, if a tire dies now or 50 km later, there is no difference for me, I will still be in the middle of nowhere.

No failures with mine, runs perfect since day one. It had 5 recalls or so. Next one will be done this week.

X1 holds excellent, no complaints.

It is a very well balanced chassis with a nice AWD system. Sporty RWD in the summer, nice AWD in the winter. The car loves the snow.
Appreciate 0