View Single Post
      06-28-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
jd__m4
Captain
Rep
Drives: AY M4

I have the tech package w/ nav in mine, however have one of the 10.25" Android systems on the way to me to swap it out. I've found the factory nav to be a decent system, however on trips I'd typically double up with Waze and much prefer using Waze. Additionally, I wanted something with better phone integration and figured I'd give the Android system w/ a CarPlay adapter a shot, although there seems to be some quirks/bugs with that setup, but we'll see.

The guys over on the F30 forum used a Chinese supplier, Ugode, to put together a group buy for the Android systems. I reached out to Ugode and they were able to supply one for the E84, which as I mentioned is in the mail to me now.

Here's the thread they've got going over there: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1500481

I'll document the install process and make sure to share it here, along with some feedback on the system's performance. The install looks pretty straightforward- there are some vids on YouTube of a couple installs in non-tech package E84's. I've pulled some of the trim from my dash in anticipation of the install and it looks like I shouldn't run into any issues on the install, but we'll see!
Appreciate 0