View Single Post
      11-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #11
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440xi Gran Coupe!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-4 View Post
thanks canadian-eh. guess i'll just go to a tire shop for snow tires & rims rather than buying them off online to ensure proper fitment. was just comparing spending the same dough for replicas vs OEM wheels.
Ultimately you need to make sure they fit. A competent online store should be able to provide you all the information you need.

I used Tirerack and found them easy to deal with.......although I did have to pretend my car was a 2009 528i

My setup is posted in the 17" snow tire thread with lots of pictures. Rial Salerno wheels, in 17x8 29ET with 225/50-17 Pirelli sottozero RFT.

I am loving mine and they fit perfect! If you can spend the 1900 delivered to your door, you cannot go wrong with quality german EH2+ compliant wheels and factory approved RFT winter tires.

These are a factory quality setup and are well over 1000 dollars cheaper than what the dealer wants for their alloy package all in. They are even 500 to 600 less than what they want for their steel wheel package.

You might save 300-400 locally on a set of chinese replicas with non runflat tires on them (heck you can save 200 bucks on tirerack by opting for the non-runflat michelin x-ice2 which is a great tire!)

As always your mileage may vary!! Good luck in your selection!

Last edited by Canadian eh!; 11-26-2011 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0