View Single Post
      10-03-2019, 07:47 AM   #6
RXeckless
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 Xline

Just for us Canuck as in the U.S.A. and Mexico. This part has a extended warranty for the engine coolant thermostat for ten years or 192,000 km!

"Thank you for contacting BMW Canada regarding your 2014 BMW X1 28i’s warranty coverage.

It was with great disappointment that we read of your concerns regarding the thermostat repairs required in your X1. Please be assured, the quality of our vehicles receives our constant attention, nevertheless, despite our best efforts, a problem may occur with a particular vehicle or component. BMW Canada provides a manufacturer's warranty that is valid for four years or 80,000 km, whichever should come first, to cover any manufacturer's defects during the warranty parameters. Although the original manufacturer’s warranty for your X1 has expired, I am pleased to inform you that our records show that your vehicle also received a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) extended warranty to a total of six years or 160,000 km, whichever should come first, which is still in effect and will expire by November 30, 2019. This X1 also has a component-specific extended warranty for the engine coolant thermostat for ten years or 192,000 km, whichever should come first, which is still in effect and will expire by November 30, 2023. Therefore, the cost of eligible defect-related repairs in your vehicle will be covered under warranty. We kindly request that you work with your preferred BMW service center to diagnose and complete any necessary repairs for your vehicle.

If you have any further questions, please contact the Customer Interaction Centre at 1-800-567-2691. Again, thank you for contacting BMW.

Sincerely,

BMW Canada"
2006 RX-8 GT GG (Sold), 2009 RX-8 R3 VR Red (Sold)
2013 BMW 135i Sport (Sold)
Appreciate 0