Drives: Yo daddy's 2014 X3 M Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [0.00]
2014 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
Looks great!

Couple of comments/questions:

Did you check on the piston diameters (in view of the increased rotor diameter) to see if you were significantly shifting brake bias front or rear compared to stock?

While people do daily EBC yellows, I find their cold bite pretty bad. They really are a "light" track pad. Maybe in your warm climate it wouldn't be too big of a deal, but I much prefer the reds on a daily.
Thanks. I'm fairly certain the braking was heavily rear biased before, since the pads wore out at the rear in just over 20,000 miles. It feels more front biased now, I'd say. There's certainly more fluid volume up front in those four piston calipers.

I've daily driven EBC Greens, Reds and Yellows over the years on various cars. I far prefer the Yellows in all circumstances and find they have excellent cold bite. Superior to the Reds in my opinion, and IIRC, their cold coefficient of friction is actually higher than the Reds. It's kind of hard finding the technical docs on their site anymore, but I think the Yellows are like .63 and the Reds a little less.

Last edited by hardparker; 10-15-2017 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0