View Single Post
      08-21-2019, 06:09 AM   #9
Zack1uk
Private
England
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2014 2.0D Sdrive Msport

I've only just picked mine up 2014 2.0D MSport SDrive (2WD) (38k miles), so I can't say too much yet. I do keep seeing lots of posts with people having transfer case problems, so watch out for that or maybe avoid one with a transfer case.

MSport also gives you much firmer suspension if thats your thing...I have it and wonder if I should have gone non-Msport.

Also, note that most don't come with bluetooth audio streaming, only telephone. If you want it you need enhanced bluetooth (this, I believe, needs a combox in the boot). You can use a dongle but that relies on the 3.5mm aux socket which seems to degrade the sound (no idea why...never done so in my other cars, but the difference between USB and 3.5mm aux in the X1 is clear), and you won't get steering wheel controls.

Also, if you have any thoughts about wanting to upgrade the hifi, get one with the "HiFi speaker" upgrade. This might be standard in the US, but here in the UK the standard "base" audio is pants. The "HiFi" speaker system codes the headunit to output low level to an amp in the back, and despite what many people will tell you provides pretty good speakers that, anecdotally, benefit from an amp swap only. To improve the base stereo, its a swap of almost everything. The HK system is good, but needs more extensive wiring to upgrade the amp.
Appreciate 0