View Single Post
      08-15-2019, 07:32 AM   #3
RoWoX3M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Many don't appreciate the X1 because it can be a goofy looking vehicle from certain angles. The X1 is a parts bin car as it shares parts from various BMW models but mainly from the E8X and E9X. Because of that and its price point, in my opinion, it's not the best quality BMW in terms of fit/finish/reliability. Nevertheless, I've loved owning mine. I have a CPO 2013 35i (bought at 22k miles). While under warranty, the dealer has replaced my coolant tank, fan, oil housing gasket, and thermostat. Not covered by warranty I've replaced my charge pipe and some suspension bits that have given up over time b/c of the crappy roads in my area. So overall not too bad. I'm at about 66k miles.

Before buying an X1 I would definitely research all of the package options that were available to see what you want/need/etc. The "ultimate package" was the best value as it included pretty much everything for less than it would be to get each package individually. I wish I had the M sport package on my car as I don't love the comfort seats in my X1 and I prefer the aesthetics of the exterior. I also didn't love the wheel gap from the factory. It is visually awkward (again in my opinion) so I ended up lowering mine with H&R sport springs.

For being a smaller vehicle, the X1 is not a light weight car so I'm definitely an advocate for the 35i model because of power and sound improvements over the 28i.
Appreciate 0