08-14-2019, 05:50 PM   #2
AK_Wes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxdaily View Post
Hi everyone, I have some pretty general questions that I'm really hoping you guys could help me with. I've been looking for a new car for about 3 months now and I'm pretty much dead set on an E84 X1. Coming from an E46 325xi I just want something with a little more space, but I still want that great BMW driving feel. I know these questions are general and somewhat trivial, but I would really appreciate some advice.

What are some things to consider when buying one? Are there things you wish you would've known when you bought your X1? I'd really like a 14-15 model, no real preference on 28i or 35i. I like the fuel economy of the 28i but the power of the 35i would definitely be welcome too.

How many miles is too many? I've read about some timing chain issues or some other things here and there and I'd like to know your thoughts on what to watch out for when it comes to wear and tear. Again, thanks a bunch and I appreciate your time.
I would try to get one with less than 50k miles, which hopefully is doable in your area. I wanted the 28i in AWD, as it's really my commuter car and better gas mileage was a plus for me. Definitely hold out for one with the Xenon headlights over the halogens..... They are a HUGE upgrade and it sounds like upgrading to xenon after the fact is pretty pricey. If you can get one that has the touch screen/backup camera stock, that's a plus, but not a deal breaker. There are some aftermarket screen options that integrate with the factory radio.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0