Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post
There are a few E85/6 Z4 owners that also have E84 X1's
Quote:
Purchased a sectional sofa couch from Ikea in September. I think people laughed when they saw me pull up to this massive pallet with the X1. Joke was on them, made it in a single trip!
Quote:
Honestly, I really considered one. I think one that has the same angle as the rear window would be awesome. These subies below look damn sweet to me. I see the XV Crosstrek as the Japanese step-sister to the X1, but they're able to take slightly larger tires Ultimately the full sized spare fits perfectly in the rear hatch area. I then use my tie downs and ratchet it into place. Thought I had a pic of this but don't.
1. E86 (S54) + E84 (N55) make for awesome stablemates! Just wish we had a manual E84/ w/ N55...
2. I had a '11 MCS before the X1. Horrible winter mule IMHO but that is besides the point. I went to Home Depot to pick up a storm door, lumber, and other items for some home projects I had going on at the time. People looked at me like I was nuts. I had a roof rack and basket so it was no problem at all.
3. Yakima used to make a tire holder meant to install in a roof cargo basket. I'm guessing Thule makes something similar or perhaps the Yakima would work in the Thule basket? That might be a cleaner way to go and not obstruct your six.

Nice build, btw....certainly bucks the trend for Bimmers.