tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
What ended up being the issue?

I ordered the lift springs as well and they just came in today. I admit, big inspiration was seeing your build though I dont plan on taking mine offroad as much as you lol.

I just wanted it to sit more like an X3. I find myself hating how much the X1 looks like a nice compact SUV stuck on economy car tires. (The way chevy s10's used to look)
Nice! How did it work out?

Indeed just a flat. I didn't have a full size spare at the time but now have that. Looking to get back in the dirt some time soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharper View Post
Hey tiltmode43, how do you like the WeatherTech window deflectors? I've had them on my previous car (non-BMW) and they were very noisy, like the window wouldn't seat in the channel properly. Any issues on the X1? I just picked up a CPO 2013 X1 xdrive28 and am looking to add these and the floor liners soon.

I thought I recognized your username from the Z4 forums. I have a 2003 2.5i in the garage as well as my new (to me) X1.
The windows seat properly after a bit of use. As far as road noise, my cars usually have exhausts and intakes - in this case I have the tires and intake which increase the volume a bit as well so it makes it hard for me to notice. When I first put them on without the other mods I did have a friend comment they could hear them but it wasn't to the point of really bothering me.

Grats on the CPO X1! There are a few E85/6 Z4 owners that also have E84 X1's

edit:
A couple very low quality pics I found from that fail of a trip:

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |

Last edited by tiltmode43; 12-19-2016 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0