View Single Post
      02-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #12
kaptenkirk
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 23d Xdrive 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerX1
Great photo's, strange that I like the X1 in grey with the stock raw black bumpers, was thinking it only worked in black or white for my taste.

The 17" rims looks very small on the X1 however but riding in snow you benefit from it I gues.

I have the same engine, xdrive and automatic gearbox.
It is a fun car to drive. Total different when you tune it however (even more fun, still not the wow factor on power), mine is on 260hp/470nm and gas respons is less lazy. I have the stock 18" rims and stock supsension, when I go for 0 to ..... the nose actualy come up a little in 1st, 2nd and 3th gear.

Here in Belgium you don't see much X1's with M pakket or 3,5i engine. Don't know how it it in your country.
With that power and only 1 exaust we really have a sleeper style kind of car.
Many people make the mistake.

How does the car perform in snow? Since many people think it a fake 4x4.
Have mine from oktober 2013 and she is from may 2010. Not actualy seen snow or ice (yet) this winter.

Have fun (and safety) with your baby SUV.
You see them alot (one's you or one of your friends drive one) but still it has a exclusif body. Ok, this is the X1 forum so all people here will think like that but we don't own the car for 6 months yet so for us it is still new.
Thanks. Yes the 17" are small, but as wintersetup they are ok. The car accually looks better in real life then i pictures with the 17" rims.

The power is enough for what I need in everyday driving, so I won't tune it. It's still quick

In snow I think it preforms very well, it's stable and feels safe, AND it it is very fun to drive. That is a good combination.

When I started to consider the X1 I also saw them everywher, but still it feels special. Would have loved the M-Sport, but they where hard to get with all the extras I wanted

Last edited by kaptenkirk; 02-10-2014 at 02:59 PM..
Appreciate 0