02-08-2019, 03:02 PM   #33
dim635csi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony55343 View Post
Me and the misses will be in San Diego Feb 20-25 just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of things to do ? Up for anything fun, touristy, off the beaten path etc. Just looking to have an all out great, memorable trip!
I'll be in San Diego a few days later after Thermal track event. If you'd have a minute, can you put your trip experiences here, please? I've been in SD a lot, but every time something new comes up...

There is nice Zoo in Balboa park with pandas (expect a line there on weekend), and Safari Park Zoo north east of the city. https://www.sdzsafaripark.org

And USS Midway is a must - plan to be there early, they close at 5pm and there is a lot to see there.

P.S. If you are staying in downtown, you don't need a car - Uber from KSAN is about $8-$10. Gaslamp District, Balboa Park and Coronado are reachable by foot and a boat. For places outside downtown, like La Jolla, Del Mar, Safari you do need a car.

P.P.S. Just noticed your N Mission Beach stay. Well, UberX for 4 ppl to downtown, or rent a car.
"If you want a car for track use, if want to go every other weekend fight-to-fight stopwatch to your local track: go for PDK, definitely. If you use the car, maybe not on track but as a daily commuter going through traffic: take the PDK. But you want a driver's car, a fun car: take the manual. [...]"

Last edited by dim635csi; 02-08-2019 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 0