No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

Thumbs up

* = must-do in my book

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony55343 View Post
cars
Are you guys flying in or driving? Are you going to have a rental car if flying in? Do you want to go on a fun drive?

O'Gara Coach(formerly Symbolic Motors) - In the heart of downtown La Jolla, fantastic high-end dealership where you can see a plethora of exotics. Saw one of the first Veyron's in the states here back in '05 if I recall correctly.
* Car Meet Rancho Santa Fe - Every Saturday Morning there is a cars and coffee where collectors and enthusiast bring their cars out. Enjoy an espresso and pastry from Cafe Positano while seeing some amazing cars you would otherwise never see in the wild. Everything from an imported Renault 5 Turbo, Dinan E92 M3s, to Lamborghini Aventadors and Rolls-Royce Phantoms. ***you will see me here I always go, very low-key compared to any other "Cars and Coffee Event", generally people start showing up at 8:00am-9:00am and lasts until noon. Highly recommend if you are into cars at all, which you are***
6027 Paseo Delicias, Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067

Quote:
the beach
La Jolla - very touristy, fun to see Seal Beach and pose for some pictures. La Jolla shores is fantastic on weekdays, not weekends.
Del Mar - 15th street beach/powerhouse is a nice little beach with some large grassy. More low-key, especially on weekdays. (Don't go swimming at "Dog Beach")
Solana Beach - Fletcher's Cove. Not many people know about it, very local. Great little cove to hang out and relax, just pay attention to the tides. Dedicated lifeguard station, very safe.
*Torrey Pines Gliderport - Besides actually going gliding, it's probably one of the most fantastic ocean views in San Diego. Please at least stop by and check it out, it really is breathtaking every time I go.

Black's Beach - Nudist Beach, avoid.

Quote:
restaurants
*Harry's Diner - In downtown La Jolla, classic diner that has been a staple in the community for decades, if you go here you can take a nice walk about 2 miles through La Jolla over to the previously mentioned O'Gara Coach dealership.
Point Loma Seafood - Fantastic, fresh seafood market. You can eat there right next to the dock.
*Tip Top Meats - Best German/European market/meat market/restaurant in the county. Highly, highly recommend.
In-and-Out - If you haven't been to California before or tried this, might as well.

Quote:
nightlife/bars
Low key local spots or high volume, loud stuff? Also depends the proximity on where you are staying. Let me know.

Quote:
Daytime Things
-Sailing in Mission Bay
-Visiting Coronado/USS Midway Museum/NAS Coronado
*-Balboa Park Museums
-San Diego Zoo/Wild Animal Park
-DeepSea fishing boats
-Whale Watching Tours
-Legoland(actually pretty fun even for adults)

Are you into urban exploration at all, or hiking? Obviously nothing illegal but I also have some fantastic rural areas to go on a nice walk/adventure.