View Single Post
      02-23-2017, 06:42 PM   #47
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90, 15 BSM E84

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpelpel View Post
DUI: Have you experienced any rubbing with the 235/50 before installing the mud guards and lift kit? Yep, as mentioned by Tiltmode, it rubs on the portion that protrudes forward on the back of FRONT wheel wells. For some reason, with the 235/50, it only did this in reverse, but not going forward.

In your experience was it the tallest tire possible before any other mods or do you think there was still some margin. After completing my lift, I actually would advise against going larger than 235/45 unless you plan on lifting the X1. It can rub in the rear wheel wells on big dips when traveling at highway speeds.

Also did you experience any impact on highway driving? No significant impact.

Have you installed the lift kit since? What is your experience? How much did it cost in labor to have the kit installed? I had a shop do the install for me since we're in the middle of winter in Chicago. Install was around $550 for the new shocks, new springs and alignment. I used Bilstein B6 HD Shocks on the Eibach Pro-Lift springs and 100% believe the car should have came from the factory like this. The ride is night and day in quality. It is less crashy, and firm only when cornering.

tiltmode: What has been your experience on highway driving since the lift kit install?

Again thanks to both for any feedback.
Answers are in green - glad to help in any way. Let me know if you have more questions.

| 3-IM | AA Headers | Eurocharged Stage-3 | BMW PI |
Appreciate 0