View Single Post
      02-17-2017, 04:41 PM   #30
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
No question 3900 lbs. is a lot. That wasn't the point. The point was, it weighs the same as a 335 xdrive sedan. So are you suggesting that it's wasted for anyone to put a suspension or a swaybar on one of those? BMWs staple sports sedan?

A better handling car is a better handing car, period. Aesthetics aside. Why would you have an issue with someone wanting to make their family hauler drive better? You only like better handling if you're driving a sports car?
I do think a 3900lb car of any sort is not a great idea as a sports car. The poster boy is the e63 wagon. At 4400lb it's a porker and hard to hide the weight in the corners. Loved the acceleration though (I pulled away from a gallardo at mosport with 2 child seats in the back!)

Life is tough for Bmw if the staple sport sedan is 3900lb awd car. Luckily it's a 3500lb rwd car or some sort (m2/3/4)

Yes my bias is to keep the family hauler comfy and focus sport on the sports car. I tried the do it all route with f80 m3 and it isn't as fun for me as the always on focus of a sports car.

Btw, how much smaller are Sti, golf r or focus rs than an X1? Those are super interesting awd hatches to mod
Appreciate 0