View Single Post
      02-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #24
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidgamer View Post
That's pretty easy to do. What (*cough* stock) cars do that? Nissan GT-R? maybe the new Camaro and Mustang top-end models?

It's a hot-hatch in disguise. It makes the GTI look boy-racer in comparison. It's a sleeper, like that Subie we had. It has a usable back seat. Is it really that bad?

When I shopped for cars, the fastest ones were mid-5s. Camaros (the interior space was a tad too tight), Audi A3 and GTI. GTI was best bang-for-the-buck although a deal on a Camaro could even be better. So, I could have gotten something somewhat faster (but still not with a 125+ trap speed). What do you suppose I should have bought and at what price? I decided to look used and try to save further. Now I could easily get into a BMW. Seemed like a good idea.
Hey, I re-read my post, I wanted to clarify that I love my X135, I just don't think it is worth it for modding.

I am not sure what your price point was, my reference point for a ~6s 0-60 mph car is an NC mazda miata, and you can get those for ~$15k, with already a lot of choice handling mods. that's a really great sporty car for very low cost, IMHO

Another thing to consider is the C5 z06 goes for ~$20k now, and those are ~117mph trap speed cars, and C6 z06 is in the $30-40k range and that's a ~125mph trap speed car
Appreciate 0