Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Was this Saturday? Oh great. So we're almost guaranteed BMW is not going to come back next year.
I know this sounds elitist, but idiots like the ones you saw ruin these events and, for that reason, I welcomed BMW’s change to charging for M track days and making the invite list more targeted. The experience for M track days is much, much better now that you have to pay for it and the invite list is limited to real M buyers. Maybe they should do the same for UDE?
If BMW continues to offer it for free (which is great) they should probably target certain demographics with invitations instead of making it completely open to anyone. I did a free Porsche event last year that was invitation only and the types of people there were as you would expect. My father randomly got an invite in the mail although he has no intent on buying a Porsche (but he fits the age and zip code demographic of their typical buyers).

But the M track days for $250 is sooooo much better than any of the free events and rightfully so. You get much more seat time and drive the cars much harder.
Appreciate 0