03-14-2016, 07:12 PM   #7
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtpisgah View Post
I have done lite off-roading in my X1 a number of times. It does ok but it is not a 4x4 by any means. But I would much rather raise my X1 than lower it.
Haha yeah, this is no Rubicon! I'm kind of treating it like a Subaru, similar sort of off roading. We'll see how it does after this round of mods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Can't wait to see it after the lift!
Don't get your hopes up too high, it's a mellow lift and the tires aren't too aggressive, will be curious to see how different it is from stock. Will have to find one in the wild to park next to

Lift springs are being installed tonight, tires came in today and getting installed later this week. These are the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S in 225/55/18. The A/T-S are all terrains, but as you can see, aren't the most aggressive tread pattern. The next size up for all terrains is 255/55/18 from what I could find and I'm afraid that simply would have been too large. Wish the 255/55 would fit because General Grabber AT2, BFG KO2, and Nitto Terra Grapplers are ALL offered in that size, and are all much more aggressive looking than the Geolandar A/T-S. Still looking forward to how these perform off the pavement. Also curious how loud they will be and how long they will last - some have reported 30-40k miles on them! Unfortunately I won't be able to try these out with stock suspension, but we'll see how close it is with the lift.

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |

Last edited by tiltmode43; 03-14-2016 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 2