The Lazy one...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 C300 4Matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsleeper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassrebel View Post
So I just got a cylinder misfire which means time for new spark plugs/coils...

Any recommendations? I'll dial the tune down until that gets figured out
I'm a stickler over here, but maintenance before mods! Maintenance will go a long way especially on a tuned motor.

From what I read on the forums, stock plugs are fine FBO stock turbo, don't need to go colder. Forum's usual answer is to gap the plugs to .022, but I'm at .028 on stage 2+ CA 91 crap gas. I had some stuttering issues with brand new China made Delphi coils & Bosch plugs (gaps not consistent .028-.030). I replaced them with genuine BMW Delphi coils & NGK spark plugs gapped them myself at .028 and have been stutter free for a few thousand miles. I think like 98% of the times, the China Delphi coils are fine, but I'm blaming the coils or possibly my gap was too big.

If you want to save money, OE China made Delphi coils & gap plugs down to .022-.025. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt that I was one of the unlucky ones on bad coils or the gaps were too wide.

If you're willing to spend more, get the Genuine BMW Coils (also made by Delphi, but with the BMW logos on it and FCP Euro shows made in Portugal).

Spark plugs, I don't think you can go wrong with either Bosch or NGK.
Bosch ZR5TPP33
NGK NGK-97968 (I prefer NGK mainly because it's Japanese)
Lol I get you! I did correct everything else the car had before including new valve cover.

I just purchased this truck last year and the PO stated it had new spark plugs but based on what I feel those are probably stock spark plugs.

I purchased the stock plugs as I'm not planning on running high power, thanks!