09-01-2020, 02:11 AM   #724
Westies
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ndres View Post
I ended up taking the pipe out, slipping the silicone sleeve up higher on the CP and rotating the power steering fluid reservoir clockwise a bit. The pipe and lines now have a bit of clearance.

Although that helped, the CP is not fully concentric to the trottle body and it doesn't seat perfectly.

What other CP options were you considering?
I definitely had to work it in there and mess around with the sleeve and clamps for a while to get it seated and satisfied with the fitting, but I'm pretty sure it is well seated without any leaks. I did get a boost leak when the metal plug they include flew out during a 3rd gear pull, and replaced that with a shortened fitted bolt. But now that you mention it, I'll have to do the soapy water test to look for any leaks this week when I detail it. My diverter valve started failing a while ago, so it would be hard to tell. But when it holds- it rips, and boost looks good so I don't think the CP is leaking.

Honestly I don't remember what other brands I was considering, but if I do change this one out, I'll just call the BMS guys and see what they say about theirs. It looks like it might not angle out quite as far as the VRSF pipe does, and could give the steering lines some clearance (I have also had pretty good customer service experiences with them).