09-18-2018, 05:31 PM   #8
DOrtiz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
Well experienced with a manual in a Mini, blew out the clutch on our 2010 Clubman S at 24,000 and it was a real hassle to get it replaced under warranty but they did. We traded it for a 2014 X1 sdrive M Sport which we love. Were at about 48k and absolutely 100% trouble free, still on original brakes. There was also a recall for vacume hose back in 2013-15 so check on that. Only disapointment really is city driving mileage isn't great maybe 20-21 with hwy about 29-30, the engine has a lot of power at 240hp so thats a nice upgrade.
Hi Lucky13-

Thank you much for the informative post and words of encouragement. It's nice to hear it first hand from someone in a similar situation to mine.

The MINI was fun, but the ride on this X1 is night and day compared to the MINI. I concur with you on the pep. I had to overtake two dump trucks and couldn't believe how this thing growled at the road. I honestly think she performed better than my former Countryman S.

Tires do hit a bit hard, but I suppose that's expected of run-flats. When I bring her in at 30k, I'll make certain they check her thoroughly.

Thanks again.