05-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #50
are0lies
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Great points! This is exactly why I've banned myself from the Politics/Religion sub-forum here. It brings out the absolute worst in people, myself included. It's not an overstatement to say that I feel noticeably happier and friendlier towards others and about life in general since abandoning that sub-forum. I have no Facebook, no Twitter, no Instagram. it's glorious. I may be out of touch with the news, fads, and stupid videos but I'm sure a heck of a lot happier for it.

You're totally right that deep down, most folks are decent people, especially in person. I've encountered forum members here who are pleasant, fun people to engage with but then begin hurling insults and foaming at the mouth in the Politics sub-forum. Crazy how fast emotions ratchet up in that environment. Fuses are short and everyone is on guard with their fists up.
Totally understand and agree with your view of the Politics/Religion sub-forums. While I enjoy reading them, I don't let them get to me, because in the end, they just become pissing contests. I prefer to throw in humor, simply because arguing with strangers is just not worth it. Some members take their arguments way too serious, and end up offending. If that makes them happy, so be it, but I doubt it. Something I've learned about politics, is that it is not much different from a pendulum; it swings left, and then it goes back right with the opposition throwing accusations.
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11446.00
King Rudi13152.00