View Single Post
      05-17-2018, 02:03 PM   #13
Matt@EuroJerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Don't loose your mind over this. Its life. Its change. Its movement forward.

Children learn values from their parents. These values are reinforced by other institutions, like schools and churches. But, values are also learned and re-inforced other ways. Peer influence is especially strong. "In the olden days" our peer structure was mostly the friends we went to school with, played sports with or worked with, and who came from similar backgrounds, etc. Its completely different today. I think the term "peer" now extends to the entire audience created by social media. We cannot discount the impact and importance of this method of communication. Its powerful and young people are at the leading edge of this.

I agree things have changed. They aren't the same as what we considered the norm. New norms of conduct and values are emerging. I don't think this is necessarily bad, its just different. I see it as part of our cultural evolution. The young will always replace the old and along with that comes different values, different beliefs and different ideas. It can uncomfortable but I see this a inherently positive.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00