Thread: Today's Society
View Single Post
      05-17-2018, 12:33 PM   #1
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Today's Society

Perhaps I'm having an off few days, but it seems as though I am finding it more and more difficult to ignore the standards of today's society. When I was younger (this makes me feel incredibly old by starting a sentence in this way) I looked up to and respected people who worked hard, had nice things, presented themselves in a manner of being well spoken, groomed, etc. Somehow in the past decade or so, I've noticed that these attributes are no longer respected by most. Hard work, morals, good work ethics and the like are no longer virtues that are held in high regard. Maybe my age is starting to show or has society completely turned upside down?

Not so many years ago, if I were to encounter someone in a position that I currently hold, I would speak to this person with respect as clearly they have made decisions and choices in life that have landed them in that position. It saddens me now that those who do little, to nothing, hold all the power. Somewhere along the way we have started rewarding people with no drive, motivation or initiative to do anything with their lives; however, this mentality creates strain on those who are left to carry the load. Not only am I, one of many, that have to take up the slack of others; but now I am somehow reprimanded not for incompetence or inability to perform my responsibilities but for hurting people's feelings that don't contribute to the overall goal.

What the hell happened? How did we get here? I'm losing my mind living in a society that I was unprepared for. I truly feel like we are living in the age of Mike Judge's Idiocracy.

Thought? Opinions?
Appreciate 17
Sea-Tac1451.50
Germanauto9665.50
SakhirM410783.00
MKSixer34171.50
allinon724892.00
cmyx6go15561.50
Ickdeep5706.00
c63er876.00
shay2nak1070.00
xander_g962.50