View Single Post
      02-15-2024, 08:12 AM   #1
Stormbitch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G11

Bmw no longer has your back?

I am interested in understanding the current dynamics between BMW UK and its retail centres and customers.

Historically, it was known that BMW UK played an unofficial supervisory role, especially in cases where customers faced challenges with retail centres. Instances such as goodwill decisions or PUMA concerns were often directed to BMW for resolution if the retailer was unable or unwilling to assist. This practice contributed significantly to BMW's reputation for excellent customer service.

It has been suggested, through a recent email exchange, that BMW now allows retailers more autonomy in handling customer affairs. While acknowledging that retailers operate independently, I wonder if BMW's oversight in maintaining standards and addressing customer concerns has diminished?

The email shared a statement from BMW stating, "Most of our Centres are independently owned businesses who are responsible for their own sales and service procedures." While this is a valid point, and customers are encouraged to address concerns directly with the retailer, it raises questions about the extent of BMW's involvement in ensuring consistent service quality.

I understand the importance of not overburdening BMW with every minor concern, and I appreciate that retailers operate under their own values and policies. However, I am curious if BMW's role as a final arbiter in certain cases has evolved, or if the perceived oversight remains intact.

It is crucial to maintain a balance between allowing retailers autonomy and ensuring a standard of service that upholds BMW's renowned customer satisfaction. I believe this equilibrium has been a key factor in why many customers, including myself, have been loyal to the brand.

I would appreciate any insights on your perceptions.

I left another brand who made it rather too clear to me that they were not arsed about what happens at retailers.

So Do you feel BMW still have your back and are your retail partners the same warm and friendly places we have come to know and trust?
Appreciate 2