View Single Post
      08-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #17
BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Black X1 on 20" 405M Performance rims and B12 Pro-kit suspension.

Since Saturday I have my car lowered with the B12 Pro-kit sport suspension.
It is -25mm or -30mm (technical data on Internet and ordering books are different). This kit consist out of Bilstein B6 dampers and Eibach springs.
(H&R lowers -40 to -50mm but the ride is much harder, with Bilstein B6 dampers it would be a good choice to.)

It doesn't lower much but at least it does. Comfort with my 20" rims (non RFT tires) and the sport suspension is OK, I still drive the same as I did with my stock 18" rims and suspension. I drive carefully at a bad road or speed bumps anyway.

Still testing and enjoying it everyday.
On normal and good roads, cornering, S-corners,... the ride is super.
When accelerating the noose don't come up anymore and in corners the body doesn't roll over anymore. However comfort is still OK but steering feedback is much better.

Some pictures so you have a idea.
20mm spacers for the rear rims still to come and picture included to proof it is needed.

Some remarks:

1) 20" still look small ( but 21" doesn't fit with normal tires and I do love my 405M's ).

2) The break discs a calibers look to small and stupid. However big brake kits aren't legal in Belgium with exception of a OEM brake kit (if exist, M performance brake kit doesn't exist for the E84). That is the reason I painted the brake calibers black instead off having red or gold one's.

3) Still a big gap between tire and wheel fender but you have to admit it looks nicer then before and I still have enough space to ride over everything.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0