View Single Post
      02-24-2024, 06:44 AM   #86
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

So just because Andretti is denied entry to F1 it suddenly became an uncompetitive series shown by the graph??

That makes absolutely no sense at all.
First of all, Andretti wouldn't have been a competitor this year in the first place, so that graph would be exactly the same.

And further more....andretti would just become another team somewhere in there. It would not change the the spread of the laptimes between the teams. (that is, if andretti is even able to compete...something that would still have to be proven...)
Haas or williams or sauber isn't suddenly going to perform better because andretti enters the field.
Your reasoning makes no sense at all.

However I do agree on that some teams and some drivers (team haas and logan sargeant notably) have very little added value to F1, but you find bottom feeders in every sport.
Whether or not Andretti would add more to the sport remains to be seen.
To me it's a bit ironic that the FOM refuses an all american team to F1 despite the FOM having such an urge to expand the sport in the USA. So if they don't even see an added value in them...
And I don't know how long you've been watching F1, but in the 80s and early 90's there were way more teams on the grid and differences were massive. They had to come up with the 1.07 rule and some teams couldn't even reach that bar!
And look how that now compares.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 02-24-2024 at 07:04 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60823.50