View Single Post
      05-21-2018, 07:16 AM   #69
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I must admit that I quite enjoy being in stealth mode (all electric), and blowing the horn to awaken them from their reverie. They jump every time.
I would love to witness this in person. A friend of mine just recently bought an i3. He has told me several ninja stealth mode stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I had the opportunity to live the lack of responsibility, selflessness and plain common sense at the movie theater yesterday. I took my brother, who had a stroke many years ago and is left with a right-side deficit, to the movies to watch Deadpool 2 (FANTASTIC BTW). As we are selecting our seats, we can see that there is only one handicap designated seat available. I typically sit with him in order to render help, if necessary.

I thought nothing of the seats being unavailable until we walk in and see that the 7 seats are occupied by young, able-bodied people who look up at him with the safety-cane and don't bat an eye. I seat him next to one of the able-bodied squatters and trudge up the steps 4 levels above and take my seat. My seat is on an empty row with at least 10 other seats as were the rows that I passed on the way to my seat.

The person sitting next to my brother finally couldn't take the embarrassment any longer, walked upstairs and offered to switch seats. I thanked him as cordially as possible and took the seat next to my brother. I'm composing a letter to the theater management about this problem as this isn't the first time it's occurred. All millennials with the exception of the person who offered to exchange seats with me.

A sad testament of our, "society".
It's this shit that pisses me off! At least the guy that traded seats with you, for whatever reason, finally did so. This tells me a lot about you, you're much nicer person than I am to strangers. I'm that asshole that would have said something to them about finding alternative seating arrangements......and yes.....Deadpool was BAD ASS!!! I may have laughed a little too hard at the "He wants to turn your face into a fuckable ashtray" line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Reminds me of Mother's Day last Sunday. We went out to eat at a restaurant. When we got there the handicap slot was taken, but the SUV in it had the back up lights on, so I waited for a few minutes to see if they would back out. They did not so I drove about 100 further to the next available slot. As we reached the door of the restaurant, someone came out with take-out food and got into the SUV in the handicap slot. The SUV then left. They had been using the handicap slot as a place close to the door to get their food. This is not the first time this has happened to me. People park in the handicap slots (that I really need because of my emphysema) because they are close to the door and they don't think about (nor care) what they are doing.
I see this quite often also....in fact this morning on my way to work. A young guy in space grey 2011 E93. The space next to him was open but hey, I get it, it was 4 feet further away from the door. I took the open space next to him....honestly just for the fact that he was a douche for parking there and my car was nicer than his. (yes, I'm that guy)

Determining which one of the customers owned the E93 was easy. I asked him if that was his car and complimented him on his wheels, as they were nice when he stated, "Oh I thought you were going to say something about the guy in the BMW taking the handicapped spot." To which I said, "No, not everyone who drives a BMW is a selfish prick, There's a guy out there with a much nicer car than yours who chose one of the non-handicapped spot." I left first and sat in my car until he came out so he could actually see the nicer car and also see that it was me.

Last edited by King Rudi; 05-21-2018 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50