06-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #23
HotRodW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapman72 View Post
ALike others have said, if you wanted a Prius, you should have bought one, but if you don't know how to drive with a light foot, even that will get dissapointing mileage.
Enough with the Prius crap. I haven't heard anybody expecting unreasonable results, and I don't think it's necessary to insult people for expressing their disappointment. It's obvious that fuel mileage for the 2.0T is all over the place. I don't know the reason, but this engine just seems to be particularly inconsistent. But I'll say it again ... it's not necessarily the driver. I personally drive a lot of highway miles, and logging as many miles as I do I've learned to know what to expect on long trips vs EPA ratings. I'm just not getting the results I expected with the X1. Below is a list of my other recent/current cars and the actual vs EPA highway mileage.

Mazda6 wagon: Actual = 24-26 mpg (EPA highway = 24)
Murano: 22 (EPA 23)
G35 Coupe: 24-25 (EPA 23)
Forester: 25-27 (EPA 26)
Q5: 28-30 (27)

I'm averaging 27 to 29 mpg highway in the X1. I'm simply not accustomed to seeing 15-20% below EPA ratings. I don't have a right to be disappointed by that? The car goes in for its first service Friday, and I've asked them to look for issues that could be hurting fuel economy. But based on what many other owners are experiencing, I don't expect them to find anything. I think I'm just one of the unlucky ones.
Appreciate 0