View Single Post
      07-18-2015, 09:46 PM   #17
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
Why did I buy a BMW? Well they are fun to drive.
Nothing else you wrote really matters, because this is why you bought a BMW. Whatever your complaints are with this particular X1, the bottom line is that you were looking for a car that was fun to drive.

Perhaps you have not driven many new BMWs besides your X1 - I have. In fact, I have driven a new 3 series for about four months. It is one of the most boring cars I have ever driven.

Fact - the new X1 will not be more fun to drive than its competitors.
Fact - the new 3 series is not more fun to drive than its competitors.
Fact - there is little point to buying a BMW if it is not more fun than its competitors, because its competitors are more practical, more luxurious, and more comfortable.

You seem to think I am arguing for a car that is fun to drive at the exclusion of all of the things that make the new X1 a more practical and comfortable car. I am not.

What I am saying is that I wish BMW took all of the improvements to the new car (looks, interior, tech, etc) yet kept the same sporting DNA as the first. That would be a true home run, but instead BMW ships out neutered 4 bangers that handle worse than a 7 year old VW Tiguan. No thanks, enjoy your comfortable and boring point a to point b appliance. I will be enjoying my BMW .

This sums up BMWs change of heart perfectly:
Attached Images

Last edited by paradoxical3; 07-18-2015 at 11:09 PM..
Appreciate 0