View Single Post
      12-02-2019, 09:01 AM   #5
rangerjake
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '14 E84 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
At one point I was able to average 22 mpg. This is in basically all city driving, but driving on city streets that are also highways with speed limits of 45 or 55.

Ultimately, with gas prices being reasonable, I determined the cost difference between 20 mpg and 22 wasn't worth the fun I gave up to get that extra couple of mile. I've since added a JB4 and drive in sport mode all the time and still get 20 mpg (although with the winter blend, cold and snow it sometimes drops to 19).

My mods have been limited to the JB4 and H&R lowering springs, both of which I highly recommend if you want more oomph and better handling/cornering capabilities.

Size wise the X1 was perfect for me, as we already had a Honda Pilot to handle the family chores, but it still carries way more than you would expect.

Thanks for that take! Yeah I won't be doing much city driving. State Hwys (40-50mph "limits") and Interstates. I'd be over the moon to average those out at 27mpg. Feeding premium.

As for mods, especially considering where I am coming from in Subie land, I don't think I need to go hard for more cornering capability. I'd still want every millimeter of ground clearance for VT dirt road driving.

Any of y'all live in the salt belt? Undercoating? Frequent washes? Both?
Appreciate 0